Normally when the topic of leasing a handset comes along, we are all out against recommending doing so. With the new Sprint offer on the Samsung Galaxy S 6 and S 6 Edge however, we are a bit more inclined to tell you to take a good look at this deal. While it looks good on paper, leasing a device is never an easy decision to make, basically due to the fact that at the end of your 24 month lease, you don’t own your device, Sprint does. That usually makes for a costly endeavor that yields no long term deal for the end user. The only exception to this rule is when the lease is free.
Yes, you read that correctly. Sprint is offering up the latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy devices at no cost to you for a full 24 months. Teaming this with the unlimited plus plan for $80 a month and you have quite the deal. Families can enjoy the deal as well with a $20 credit to use on any of the Galaxy 5 lineup on every line.
The benefits don’t stop there. The deal includes the following devices and services for for that $80 a month:
- 32 GB Samsung Galaxy S® 6
- Unlimited high-speed data, talk & text on the Sprint network
- Early upgrades
- $20 monthly credit with 24-month Sprint Lease
- Free International Value Roaming add-on
- Overall the Sprint deal is a pretty strong offering even with the smaller network and slower speeds. If you happen to live in a Sprint Spark area, this deal could be borderline unbeatable. All in all, getting a FREE 32 GB Samsung Galaxy S 6 when you choose the 24-month Sprint Lease option is a pretty great deal. The $80 monthly cost brings the two year total to just over $2300. Quite a bit higher than the value MVNO plans we normally recommend, but with all those added features and unlimited data, most of those MVNO offerings don’t even touch this deal.