Sprint fans finally have something to cheer about in the Windows Phone front. HTC announced the 8XT coming to the third largest carrier later this summer. The 8XT is the probable successor to the 8X, but has some major enhancements over the original that are worth noting. First, the XT features BoomSound, the amazing sound system found on the HTC One. It also includes a MicroSD slot, which will make music lovers everywhere stand up and cheer. The $99 price tag will also make plenty of people happy.
Now, for the drawbacks, it only features 8GB of internal storage. Yes, with Windows Phone’s infamous “Other” storage, 8GB will fill up very quickly, leaving precious little room for all those great Xbox games that are coming soon – or are already here.
The HTC 8XT will be out later this summer on Sprint, so make sure to check back at www.getsmartphones.info often to see when you can snag one.
Here are the official specs from HTC on the 8XT
- The first Windows Phone to feature HTC BoomSound, which includes dual frontal speakers for louder, richer sound. If you haven’t heard BoomSound in person, you may not fully appreciate what a difference this can make to the audio experience on your phone. Also part of BoomSound is a dedicated amp for the dual speakers, and one for the headphone jack. This means powerful, crisp Beats Audio.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with a f/2.0 lens, back-side illumination sensor capable of multi-shot burst mode and the ability to capture both video and still images at the same time. And a dedicated camera button of course!
- 1.6 megapixel wide-angle front facing camera
- microSD card slot for up to 64 GB of expansion for storage of media files
- Available later this summer at a $99.99 price tag with a two-year contract and $50 mail-in rebate
- Available in California Blue with HTC’s signature soft-touch finish
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 2.6 x .39 inches (10mm) (LxWxT)
- Weight: 4.9 ounces with battery
- CPU: Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 at 1.4 Ghz
- 4.3 inch display with WVGA resolution
- Battery: 1,800 mAh Lithium Ion battery
- Total storage: 8GB internal memory, available capacity varies
- RAM: 1GB
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G/4G wireless hotspot capability
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810
Powered by www.4gfastdata.com