Touted as America’s first 4G phone for under $100, the Samsung Conquer has arrived. The soon to be low cost 4G device has a rather boring spec list and with other options, like the Evo 4G at the same price point, we find this device leaving us short of impressed.
The 3.2MP camera is more feature phone than smartphone, although the addition of the 1.3MP front shooter helps the Conquer’s case on the camera front a bit. The question remains on if any of the Apps will support it out of the gate or not.
The biggest short fall of the device in our opinion is the terrible 320×480 screen. This resolution is so freebie phone for the kids or so 2009 that we can’t believe that a new 4G device still runs them.
Overall, it seems that Sprint threw a 4G radio into the Moment/Intercept line and is praying to sell a few of these before people figure that out. We love Sprint, but this is one line of phones you should probably skip in favor of the free Optimus S or $100 Evo 4G.
· Dual-mode 3G/4G device – dependable 3G nationwide coverage and turbo-charged Sprint 4G speeds where available
· Dual cameras, 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera enabling video chat
· 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks · Android™ 2.3
· Sprint ID customizable user interface
· Google™ mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Google Talk™, Gmail™, YouTube™ , and syncs with Google Calendar™, as well as access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
· Upload, share and store pictures with Photobucket, Facebook ® , MySpace ® upload videos to YouTube
· Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS capable
· MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card (2GB card included)
· Stereo Bluetooth wireless technology
· Access to more than 250,000 apps through Android Market™
· Dimensions: 4.57 inches x 2.38 inches x 0.46 inches (LxWxT)
· Weight: 4.1 ounces
· Display: 3.5-inch TFT (320×480) touchscreen
· Battery: 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery for up to six hours of talk time 3
· Processor: MSM8655 Snapdragon and Samsung/CMC732S